Monday, September 8, 2008

Not so green thumb.

Unfortunately, our garden has not done well this year.  I blame myself for over watering it at first, however I have learned so much and I just know that next year our garden will be a success.

We have watched carefully as this "thing" has grown.  I have had no idea what it is because it has grown from a seed that I dropped.  Everyone agreed that it was a watermelon.  After all, it looks just like one.  I had a feeling that it might be a pumpkin, but because pumpkins are orange, I ruled that one out.  After much deliberation, I decided to pick it so that we could eat it.
I let everyone make one last vote on what it was.  They all said watermelon.  As I started to cut, I was hoping so badly to see red.  I made my first cut and no juice came out.  That was a bad sign.  Then I opened it up, and CRAP it was a pumpkin.  It could have been a huge pumpkin too.  Oh well, maybe next year!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

YOu should have called me. ALl my pumpkins look like that right now. I'm hoping they turn orange. I know how you feel about the garden. Brian just flooded our tomatoes.
Next year we will definitely have the greenest thumbs around.
(I hope.)

gildiux said...

Brandi that is not a pumkin!!!!! it is an alcallota.....how did u get that in your garden? it is a fruit from South America, and we make a lot of things with it, i have some recipes..... it is not the yummiest thing in the world but is not too bad...