Monday, June 16, 2008

The Girl!


Say it ain't so!  It is true.  It is all true.  All of the things that she comes home and tells me that make me wonder, all of the crazy stories, and all of those boys!  Wow, we are in huge trouble.

Kenna is always coming home and saying that she plays kickball at recess with her and all boys.  She claims (claimed) that she was the only girl that they allowed.  She also told tells of how she was in charge and made the rules and the boys, well the boys did what she said.  I thought that she either had a big imagination, or was a real leader, but wasn't sure what to think.  I was just glad that she had fun and had friends.  I went to the school the other day for a book reading and found out for myself that her stories were true and that she is what she says she is.

We got there at recess, and I looked all around for my daughter.  I saw little gangs of kids all around but she was no where in sight.  Then, I saw the kickball area, and sure enough, there she was.  Well, her and about 10 boys.  She was having a ball and at the same time saying what was out, in, points, and what team won.  She saw us and ran up and immediately grabbed Carson and Coren and let all of her friends know that they were playing and that they needed to be nice them.  They all obeyed and treated the kids so well and even spoke to them in baby talk.  It was really funny.  I just sat there in awe and wondered what the next 10 years of my life would entail and how
 
many of these boys and others would be paying us visits and calling our house.  But, on the bright side, at least I don't have to worry that she has problems with social skills or making friends.  Right?

After recess, we went to her class and each of the kids read us the books that they had wrote and illustrated.  It was really fun to hear Makenna's book and to see how well she had done.  She really gets into art and writing so this was one of her favorite projects this year.

After the book reading I told her that we would stay and eat lunch with her.  She was really excited, and I was really scared!




1 comments:

amelia said...

Kenna is so cute! What an awesome girl! I bet you were the same way Brandi! Yeah, watch out, you'll have a whole team in your backyard one of these days!