Monday, June 9, 2008

My kids!

Two scary thing were said this weekend.  I seriously hear the words come from these crazy kids mouths, but it takes a while to actually process what they are saying.  I laugh a lot.  The first came from Coren.  Let me just start by saying this... I know that this will make me look bad, but honestly, I don't care! So yes, like most people I own an iron.  Why?  Because I guess everyone needs to own one.  Have I ever used it?  Ummm... I can't say that I have.  Well, it sits nicely in the cubbord above my dryer, kind of in the back, you know, for a day that I might actually use it.  So we have our friend Gilda staying with us right now and she irons her stuff.  I guess that she cares how she looks.  :)  She asked me if she could use my iron. Sure!  Let me dust if off for you!  I went and got the iron and started to walk it over to her when I hear a very confused Coren say, "What is that flat thing???"  


Later that day at dinner Makenna got all excited and announced, "Guess what guys!!! Emily M. got a first period today.  I guess that it means she can have kids now.  And...  her parents said that she could have it.  I just looked at Steve trying so hard not to laugh.  

He whispered under his breath..." no, you can't have it", and we both started to laugh.  I quickly explained that every girl gets a first period and told her what it was.  She told us that Emily's Mom got a first period when she was 14 (good to know) but that Emily got hers early.  I guess it is time for the talk.

3 comments:

Kara said...

I just have to say that i love hearing what your kids say next! You have a fun blog to read. There is always something exciting going down at the Johns house!! Can't wait for the things Ethan will come up with!

Anonymous said...

Brandi you crack me up! I am right there with you though, I don't iron. Honestly that is what the dryer is for, and I think wrinkly clothes are cooler anyways!

Hilarie said...

Brandi.... That is hilarious... I am sitting her laughing... I hope the talk goes great for you.. cause honestly.. I dont think that I will ever be ready with Madison... GOOD LUCK!!!