Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lemonade Stand

Makenna loves to sell stuff.  She has always loved to sell lemonade, but hadn't really made a killing from it like she did this time.  Let me just say that people that live around here are so nice.  I couldn't believe how great everyone was.  Kenna and her friend set up a little stand with a sign that read:           

                               Lemonade hear- 50 cents only!!!!  Ice-cream to!

We didn't really have ice-cream to sell, but hey, whatever attracts customers, right?  I warned her that she probably wouldn't sell anything, so not to feel bad.  About 10 seconds later I look out the window and someone was buying some!  I about fell over.  It was a steady stream from there.  She even had people just stop and give her money and not buy a drink.  Someone flipped a quarter at them (probably some nasty teenager) and she thought it was so COOL!  People are SO nice, and she made $10!  Not bad for 1 hour and a picture of lemonade.

We decided that next time we will go and buy cans of soda pop to sell, I think that people would prefer that.  I am so proud of her.  If she keeps up like this she is going to be rich.

Dear Kenna (our favorite daughter!)

Money for the poor?

Love,
Mom and Dad

1 comments:

Clint and Shari said...

Makenna~My kids loved your special lemonade. They keep asking me to make them some. I always tell them "Only Makenna knows how to make it". Tanner keeps begging me to let him sell some Popsicles. Maybe a little friendly competition would be good. JK Good luck in making tons this summer!