Monday, June 30, 2008

Camping!

We finally made it camping!  It seemed like we would never make it out this summer, but Friday night we took off for the night and went up American Fork canyon camping.  We had so much fun.  The weather was perfect, the view was amazing, and the kids LOVED it.

We camped in the same area where there was a bear attack last year "that was smart!" and so towards the late evening (about 1 am), it started to stress us women out.  As we sat around the fire, we heard some rustling in the bushes (seriously we did) and we all panicked.  Steve went and moved the bushes around and said, "Shew... get out of here" and looking back now I am laughing, because like a bear would really respond to that.  They aren't cats!  Anyways, once we all settled down a bit I decided to conquer my fear and go to the car for toilet paper.  All of the sudden I hear a loud, "ROARRRRRRR" and something was coming at me and it grabbed me!  I screamed and almost passed out.  Well, let's just say that Steve was in BIG trouble. 

After that I couldn't sleep.  But don't worry, I have a plan for my next camping trip.

1~ We will park the car right next to the door of the tent (maybe 8
          inches away)
2~ If a bear comes we will hurry and jump into the car
3~ Then we will start to honk really loud and a lot of times
4~ If all else fails, I am going to run over the bear 

Note to Tim-  Please don't forget your gun next time!!!
Note to Steve- Please buy me a trailer to sleep in, and we might also need a bigger car that can handle running over large animals.
Note to Mandy-  Sorry I woke Elle up, it was Steve's fault, blame him!


The good news is that we all survived the night.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Wow, I'm not a camper at all, but coming camping with you seems to be full of entertainment! Then again anything with the John's family seems to be full of excitement. Maybe we will have to come along on that big camp out after all! :) ha ha ha

amelia said...

Good for you guys! It's always so great to get away for a while! Oh, If Sam scared me like that, he'd be in big trouble!!! It sounds like you had a great time! Can summer last forever?

Mandy said...

That was fun. You're forgiven. Elle survived.