Thursday, June 5, 2008

The hikers...

The boys took the lead and lead Mom on a great and adventurous hike.  Once we made it over the first stream, we were off, and the boys began charging their way up the trail.  It had been a rainy day, so our path was a bit muddy at times.  I saw the mud as a nuisance, but the boys saw it as a way to look at all of the hoof prints the horses had left.  I think they asked me at least 20 times how the horses left their prints.  Each time I explained it, and they said how cool it was, just to ask again the next time they came across another marking.

The entire hike we searched for lizards and deer
which got me to thinking about all of the crazy wild animals that might actually be out there.  I kept thinking about what I would do if we came across a rattle snake or something.  My conclusion... we would RUN!

We hiked, threw rocks into the water, and of course ate some snacks.  Coren filled his pockets with animal cookies and every few minutes he would yell, "STOP!  I am hungry!"  Then he would reach into his pocket and grab out a snack, do a little dance, and put it in his mouth.  Each time Carson would laugh hysterically.  

After our snack we made our way back down 
the mountain.  The boys were both full of energy and ran most of the way down.  We had a really fun time and they are already asking when we will get to go on our next hike. 

This weekend we might go again, but on something a little steeper.  I can't wait to see what they think of that!

1 comments:

Tanya said...

That looks like you guys had such a good time! Give your kids hugs from me.