Thursday, June 12, 2008

Grow baby grow!

We decided that we really wanted to plant a garden.  I cannot make things
grow so the square foot gardening seemed like the most fool proof way to go about it.
My friend Mandy and I got together and actually built these boxes 100% on our own (I know they look amazing don't they?).  I got everything planted the first 
week of June, seeds and all.  I know it was a little late but it has 
been a cold spring.  Makenna even planted sunflower seeds
all around the yard!
The kids and I have been watering it really well.  So far the tomato plants 
look good, and today Coren and I went out and our radish's, spinach, and 
lettuce had sprouted.  I started to scream and dance around a little.  
Coren didn't know what to do, so eventually he joined me in celebrating.
Now we wait!  And pray...

1 comments:

The Gorringes said...

Nice going on the garden. Now I know where to come if disaster strikes and I need some fresh food.