Monday, June 16, 2008

I think I'll pass!

Our choices:  Turkey dinner, or a taco.  Hmmm, I tried to think it out in my head wondering which would be safer.  A taco has hamburger, which makes me wonder, is this real ground beef, or just all of the leftovers like the hearts and livers of the beef ground up into taco meat and hidden in a shell.  Scary.  Then there is the turkey dinner.  Turkey is usually pretty safe... that is if it really is turkey.  So we went in the turkey line.  After all, what this family does NOT need is mad cow disease!

I tried so hard, I really did, but the smell alone made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.  So I made the best decision for myself and I chose to pass on the food.  Ironically, Makenna told me that we were lucky that we came that day because this was one of the best meals that they had that whole year, and that it was much more food than normal.  How can an ice-cream scoop full of potatoes served with a spoon full of corn, bread, and a hard little cookie covered in some mystery lemon sauce be so great?

The boys were excited!  Apparently they did not realize that this could be the last meal that they ever eat if in fact this meat turns out to be imitation turkey, something that just should not be on the market.  They ate, and ate, and drank, and... lived!!!!

Confession time:  I tried the cookie, and it was actually kind of good, so I ate all three of them.

Five dollars later (yeah, RIP OFF) me and the boys walked home and talked about that yummy lunch and the milk in the boxes (I am not even going to start about milk in a box) and one of them made the comment, "I'm hungry!"  It was much better than the, "I'm sick!" that I expected to hear.

0 comments: