Sunday, July 13, 2008

The fight of my life!

It is time.  Time for my 30 year old skin to make a choice.  To make up it's mind.  In fact, it is past time.  It is time for us (my skin and I) to go one way or the other.  At some point we are going to need to make a decision, to make a choice on which path that we are going to take. Soon, very soon, my skin is going to have to start to cooperate with me, or I might just need to find me some new skin!

You would think that at my age (OK, so I am not saying I am ancient, just not the teenager I once was) I would be past the zit phase.  And the worst part is that I was.  For years my skin looked great!  But now, they are back, popping up randomly to haunt me, and make my life difficult.  

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have youthful skin forever, and if it was just the zits I wouldn't complain.  You see, not only are the annoying little pimples making a home on my face, but wrinkles are starting to make themselves at home as well.  What is this?  Are the wrinkles little pathways for the zits to travel around on?  Is there soon going to be a little village of zit people and wrinkle roads taking over what was once my face?  Am I going to need my own zip code so that they can start to sell off my skin like a prime plot of real estate?  I wonder who would be willing to pay more to see me tortured?  The zits or the wrinkles?

I am fighting!!!!!  You should see my creams and potions...  my scrubs and my lotions...  the miracles cures galore... I can't handle it ANYMORE!!!!!  

So what do you do when your zit remover dries your skin, and your dry skin causes wrinkles, so you put lotion on the dry skin to prevent the wrinkles, and the lotion causes zits?  Do you just cry a little and move on with life?  Do you see a doctor (at this point I am not sure if I should call the Dermatologist or the Shrink) or just deal with it?

I heard a joke about a man who wanted to buy a 12 pack of beer for $15.  His wife said that it was too expensive.  Next, they went to the beauty section and she grabbed a tiny little jar of face cream that cost $30 and put it into the cart.  When he asked why it was OK for her to spend $30 on face cream when he couldn't have his beer, she replied that the face cream made her look beautiful.  He of course replied that if he drank the beer that cost just $15, that too would make her appear more beautiful. 

Maybe the answer is in a more alcholic society?  Probably not!  All I know is that I am tried of having a grocery list that looks like this:

Grocery List
Must haves:
- Eye Cream
- Night Cream
- Day Cream
- Face Mask
- Cleansing Cloths
- Facial Lotion
- Face Scrub
- Noxzema
- Acne medication
If there is any money left:
-Milk
-Bread 
-Eggs

I guess that for now I will continue to deal with this nasty mess that I like to call my face.

 

I will treat the pimples with pimple cream and hope that I don't over dry my skin causing more wrinkles.  And maybe, by the time I hit 40 or even 50 the zits will stay away!





For now I will buy all of the dumb creams.  I will keep watching the price of Botox injections, praying that they come down a little.  Honestly, I don't care if my face moves or if people can tell whether I am smiling or not... that is SO over-rated!   I just want to look good!




One question:  What do you use if you get a zit ON a wrinkle?

3 comments:

amelia said...

Brandi,
I feel your pain! I am right there with you on the zit thing! Yuck! Why? A lot of my friends are using proactiv and love it. Have you used the toothpaste trick? That usually helps! The things us women deal with! Good luck! Let me know what works!

Dave Anderson said...

GRR!!! Zits! They've been a menace to me for as long as I can remember. Lately I've been using diaper rash ointment on them and it takes the redness out. Yes, that's right, I put butt cream on my face.

Mandy said...

You are cracking my up right and left girl. I feel your pain. Remember when we went camping and I put bug spray all over my face? Every where the spray went, acne formed. I had to seriously scrub my face off to try and get rid of the bumps.
This isn't suppose to happen to us!

You know what I have to use. It's Proactiv for me EVERY DAY or else.

Don't get me started with the wrinkles. I've resolved to start naming them. They're here to stay and they're procreating. Darn things.