Sunday, July 6, 2008

No brakes allowed!!


Things I LOVE about Mountain biking:

~ The challenge:  It is such an amazing feeling to make it to the top of a big hill and know that you did it!
~ The pain (or gain):  The burning feeling that you  get in your legs and your lungs and you know that you are getting stronger.
~  The scenery:  On a bike you can see so much in such a short amount of time, and you can go so many places.
~  The thrill:  It is so much fun!  I love it when I get going fast (this is rare), or when I make it over a huge obstacle without falling.
~   The End:  The time that I make it to the bottom and I am alive and I feel so invigorated!  It is also a huge bonus if I am not bleeding! 

~My bike:  I LOVE IT!  Thanks Steve!


Things that I KIND OF LOVE about mountain biking:

~The pressure:  Keeping up with the KING of mountain biking.  I don't even try on the downhill.  I love my life too much, but if I don't slow him down too much uphill, I feel very happy!  The pressure is intense, but it drives me.

~Falling:  Yes, I do fall from time to time.  Steve says that I fall because I go to0 slow, but what does he know?  I did fall over one time when I was stopped, but that was rare!

~  My coach:  Steve has taken it upon himself to try to make me a good mountain biker.  Because of this I am often hearing things like:
    
      Pound it!  POUND IT!  You've got it!!!  
      Do not use your breaks.  I better not see you using your breaks.  Why are you using your breaks?
                             Get off the trail!
      You cannot stop in the middle of the hill with me behind you.  (I know that he secretly loves it when I come to a complete stop on a huge hill, he just won't admit it!)
After this hill it gets flat. (I am no longer falling for this one.  It is ALWAYS a lie)
It is not safe to listen to your IPOD on the downhill.  "It relaxes me"  Let nature relax you!
Ignore the rocks!   just point your tire and your bike will do the rest.

~Me sounding like this:
Help, HELP, I am going to die!
I am stopping right here!
I am going to aspirate my gum.
I don't like you!
OH NO!!!!!
A CLIFF!!!
My vote is that we are done now.

Things that I DON'T LOVE about mountain biking:
~  Eating bugs
~  Getting toasted by my husband
~  My sore butt (SO SO SO SORE!)
~  Potential animal attacks
~  Did I say falling?
~  Sore legs on the way up, and sore hands on the way down (from squeezing the brakes so hard!)



By the way, have you ever seen a stop sign in the middle of the mountains? You have now!



0 comments: