Sunday, July 20, 2008

Name CHANGE! Now PLEASE!!!

Mom Mom Mom MOM MoM Mom MOM Mom MOMMMMM!

If I have to hear that name one more time... I could freak out!  

So as of today I am changing my name. I am no longer 'MOM'!  I am actually really excited about it.  That name has been completely worn out.  It is not an original name.  Everywhere I go I hear it, even if my kids aren't with me.  Let's face it, there are just too many Mom's out there.

At one time I really liked the name, in fact, I would try so hard to get my kids to say it when they were little. It seems like once they learned it, they never quit saying it!  It is all I hear, and sometimes it hurts my ears a little bit.

So I have given the kids a lesson on choosing names that sound better than Mom.  Coren doesn't get it, so I told him that he (only he) can call me Mom however it can't be just Mom.  I told him that he needs to add some spunk to Mom.  Here are some ideas that I gave him:
~ Sexy Mama              ~ Beautiful Mom
~ Worlds best Mom     ~ My Mom is better 
                                          than your Mom
~ Amazing Mom          ~ Too young to be a Mom
~ Talented Mom          ~ Your not my Mom

The good news:  If this works I am going to be really happy.  I will teach this technique to other Mom's who have annoying kids, maybe even write a book about it, and I will get really rich!  

The bad news:  As I have been writing this, I have heard "Mom" 8 times.  

1 comments:

Isaac and Dallas said...

I am so with you on changing my name. It is so over used. So not in anymore. Shoot me know. Are you still planning on camping in Aug.