Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Taking the animals to the zoo.

Animals belong at the zoo, so with that in mind I loaded up the kids and we were off.  I was taking them home, to the place where they belong, THE ZOO!

In the back of my mind I had high hopes.  I thought for sure that the Zookeeper would see my crazy children running around making horrible noises and capture them for their newest exhibit, "Wilder than any wild animal, Brandi's kids."  If they put those three in a monkey cage or something they would be in heaven (me too) and the spectators would have a very entertaining show.  Guaranteed!

Instead, they remained free and we actually had a great time visiting all of the animals.  Luckily Grandma came along and was able to help keep things under control because honestly, these kids are too much for me to handle.
One thing that I noticed at the zoo is that they had made tons of improvements.  Most of the improvements added things that make them money such as fancy food stands and a carousel, and that meant removing animals.  They took away the lions, but you can now buy a churro.  The worst part is that I saw more people eating churro's than I would have seen watching the lions if they would have still been there.  Go figure!  This is a strange world that we live in.

0 comments: