Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The zoo.

Our door is always open, and we would love to have you come by anytime, however, we may have to start to charge admission as we will soon be functioning as a fully operational ZOO.

That's right!  Not only do we have a fish, but to replace our frogs, Steve was kind enough to come home with a lizard...



Unfortunately, we do not make great zookeepers, and we were all too afraid to actually touch the lizard, so the neighbor lady offered her services and got the lizard into the cage for us (yes, the same one that caught the snake for the kids, and yes, she will be on the payroll!).


Plus, to make things more exciting, my brother Zak found a turtle in the storm drain.  He brought it home and figured that he would just give it to Makenna as a pet.  The good news (I guess you could call it good news) is that my Dad told me the turtle can just live in the backyard.  He says that it will just wander around and find a warm place to hibernate in the winter.  As he is telling me this, my cousin Kristen says that she has 4 turtles that she would love to send our way. 

Wow!  So I guess that makes 5 turtles, a lizard, a fish, and if the frog is still out there alive; a frog!  So while we are at it we may as well just get a horse (I mean that would free up the time we usually spend mowing the lawn) a cow (I do love a good steak), some chickens (we can use the eggs either for eating or throwing at mean people), an elephant (the neighbor kids would just LOVE rides), and for when the kids are bad... a lion to scare them with.  Add that to the zoo that we already have here, and I think we will be in business!

1 comments:

Mandy said...

Send some of your turtles this way. My kids would love to play with them.
Better yet, we'll just pay your admission fee and come over there.