Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Jesus Feet

Coren is never wearing shoes.  Not only do his feet get very dirty, but they bleed a lot.  Normally he limps off wimpering for a minute, gets a bandaid, takes it off two minutes later, and then considers himself healed.  The past few weeks he has been asking me what Jesus looks like.  I started to tell him that I don't really know and then he said, "well, Jesus has brown skin, brown eyes, and wears a white skirt."  It was really funny.  He knows a little about Jesus from the stories that he hears at church and the pictures he has seen, but he is very curious and asks a lot of questions.

A couple of days ago he came inside and sat on the floor.  He sat and looked at his foot for a long time.  When I asked him what was wrong, he pointed to his foot and said, "I have Jesus feet!"  I of course could not help but bust up laughing.  He got the most serious look and said it again.  "I have Jesus feet!"  I got down on the floor next to him and looked at his foot.  It appeared to have a "hole" in it.  Throughout the day he would remind me about his "Jesus Feet."  Finally I asked how he felt about his feet being like that.  He said, "I like having Jesus feet because I wanted to see how his feet look, I like Jesus."  

His feet did look a bit like Jesus' feet with exception of the blue toe-nail polish. 

1 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh. He's so tough!