Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Seriously, who does this?

OK, I admit it.  I have always thought it would be fun to get a bunch of balloons and see if I could float.  If you say you have never thought about trying to float with balloons, I would say you are lying.  It sounds like so much fun.  I have even thought about trying it with my kids, but being the great mother I am, I decided against it.

So last night I was talking to these girls and they start telling me about some guy in Brazil who got tons of balloons and tied them to a chair and floated away.  Apparently, they can't find him now because a wind came and took him away!  DUH!  I mean, that is bound to happen right?  You should really check the weather and try this on a day that is not windy.  Also, if I had been him I probably would have thought to bring a needle to start popping the balloons if this were to happen.  I guess he didn't think of that.

So today I looked this up to see what what going on.  Needless to say, I learned that people that float around with balloons are called 'Balloonists'.  I had no idea that there were so many people that do this that they had to find a name for it.  Sadly, this priest is missing, however they did find the balloons floating in the ocean.  Now if it were me, I would not float over the ocean or anywhere around the ocean for that matter...hello!  So, I am going to keep watching this story.  I wish him the best, and if they do find him alive, I am going to send him a little note with my three pieces of advice for future floats.  Avoid windy days, bring a needle, and avoid large bodies of water!!!

Update:  8pm-  After further consideration and a very long day with Makenna off track and three whining and fighting children I have decided that tying myself up to balloons and floating away may not be such a bad idea after all!

3 comments:

Mama Snow said...

I'm Game!

Mandy said...

I read about this priest. At first I thought it was a joke and then I saw the balloons floating in the sea. I couldn't believe it either.

how about a trip to Mexico on first class and a one way ticket?
That's what I'm doing today. Looking up tickets.

Rosies said...

I am with you! get enough balloons for me to and we can both leave!!