Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Makenna's story

Makenna came home from school today and told me that she had written a story about Coren when he was sick.  It was a very touching story, and hearing it from her perspective was hard. It was a hard time for all of us, and it made me feel bad that I wasn't really there to help her through it.  Here is her story.

THE MIRACLE
a true story
By Makenna

There once was a little boy and he was 1 year old.  His name was Coren.  He was healthy when he was born but one day he was breathing funny.  We didn't know what was wrong.  We called the hospital but they said that he couldn't come for a month.  By a couple of weeks later he was really sick.  We had to go through a hard time.  By the time he was in the hospital they said that he was going to die.  We were all very sad.  I can't explain the feeling, I mean how would you feel if your 1 year old brother was going to die? 


I had a hard time about knowing my brother was going to die.  But my family helped me understand some things in life can't be as we want them to be.  One day when I went to see him for the first time in the hospital it was very sad to see him there with all of those cords hooked up to him.  Each night I tried to sleep but I couldn't because I had to listen to my tears and I said to myself , "Why, why does it have to happen to us? I know some things in life can't
be like we want it to be. But why us?"

 Then a few weeks later it was time for his surgery.  I thought to myself I should have said goodbye.  Then I started crying.  The next month my Mom and Dad came home.  I said, "Where is he?  Is he ok?"  They said, "Yes!"  I said, "Oh good."

Then they said that he won't get back until a couple of weeks.  The next couple of weeks when he came home I saw his smile.  I will remember every minute of it.  I knew we had a miracle.


                                                                          The End.

1 comments:

Mandy said...

What a wonderful story Makenna. I especially love how it ended. You are such a sweet sister!