Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Why worry?

I find myself spending so much time worrying about things that never end up happening.  Worry and stress create such a negative energy, not to mention the amount of time lost.  While it is hard not to worry, I think that it would be great to find a way to let those little stresses escape our minds.  It is a proven fact that people with high levels of stress are less healthy, less able to heal, and live shorter lives than those who are carefree and have better coping skills.

I heard a quote that "you can spend your entire life worrying about things that may or may not happen but most of the time the things you worry about never happen and your worry was for nothing."  Most of the things that we worry about are things that are out of our control, so why spend our energy on something that we cannot change.  I think a faith that things will work out, whether it be now, in a week, or in a year, is a safe bet.  Most things that once seem huge or debilitating work out for the best.  I remember when I was pregnant with Carson, Steve was laid off from his job.  It seemed like a huge catastrophe at the time, but it lead to a better job, which lead to an even better job, which lead to a career.

So, here I am 3 days before a race that I have been training for, with two injuries.  The first one that I stressed would not let me do the race is improving, and the other one that I got trying to fix the first one may be the one that affects the race.  But again, worrying about it will not help me so I will just hope that come Saturday I am healed and can run.  Who knows maybe something else that I haven't even thought of will stop me and my body will be fine.  That is why it will not help me to worry.  Hopefully it will turn out for the best...one way or another.  As some reggae dude once said, and my Mom always says, "Don't worry, be happy!"

1 comments:

Mama Snow said...

That is so funny! I miss being so close to you guys, your kids are so cute.