Thursday, April 3, 2008

San Francisco here I come...


                         26.2 miles!
I am so excited.  I have been dreaming of running the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco.  As soon as I had the desire to run a marathon, I knew that this was the one I wanted to do.  Not only is the race at sea level (a huge bonus) but I will be running across the Golden Gate Bridge, through Golden Gate Park, and will be given a way cute Tiffany Necklace as a finisher medal.  I feel very lucky to have gotten in because over 30,000 people tried, and they only selected 20,000.  I hear that it is a hilly run, but I am up for the challenge!  The race is October 19th, so I have some time, but right now it is hard to think about anything else.  My friend Mandy was also selected, so it will be fun to have someone there to share the excitement with.   Steve is also coming to be there to support me at the finish line, which will be really nice. It would be weird to cross the finish line without anyone there to cheer for me.   I hope that he realizes that once I cross the finish line it is up to him to carry me back to the hotel.  Just kidding!  If you want to check out more about the race visit nikemarathon.com.

1 comments:

Hess Fam said...

Brandi!! ok you have totally inspired me. I have been debating for quite some time to get my fat butt out and train and become a runner, and now I am going to do it!! Well at least I think I am!!!